Saturday, October 19, 2013

We're home and resting - Day +25

I'm doing laundry in our own machines and watching the college football games on our big screen TV. Life is good.

We drove to Savoy on the 16th and I was so tired, physically and emotionally, that I missed our exit. I didn't really need those additional miles to the airport. Ah, but how good it was to finally be home. Bob collapsed into bed, and after I unpacked the car, so did I. Heaven. 

I've been running needed errands while Bob pays the bills. When we're tired, we stop and catch up on our HBO and Showtime series. Little Snickers, Zoe's best friend, who is acting as nurse and grief counselor, has visited two days, and so we get outside to walk her and enjoy the cooler temperatures and falling leaves. We're getting back into a few routines.

Truly, there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment