Monday, February 14, 2011

We love...

We love because God first loved us.  1 John 4:19 ISV

For me, that's the equivalent of "in the beginning" as far as love goes, and love is, of course, the topic for today.

I was introduced to The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery when I was in high school, and the lessons of the story have stayed with me ever since, beginning with this one:
     "Here is my secret.  It is very simple.  It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."  and continuing...
     "Perhaps love is the process of my leading you gently back to yourself."
     "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."
     "True love begins when nothing is looked for in return."   

I hope each of you has someone or something that loves you and that you love.  Love is the essence of the life we lead, and when we learn to love our neighbors, we will have peace.                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment