Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm back...

Computer gremlins struck our house and all three laptops.  None of them even exhibited similar problems!  Let's just say that it's good to be back at the keyboard.

We are having summer in winter.  The spring equinox isn't until March 20, but our weather continues to be extreme, with temperatures thirty degrees above normal.  The daffodils and hyacinth are clothed in their yellows and purples while the primrose sport shades of pink  The hot temperatures will surely shorten their blooms.  It reminds me to pay attention each day, so I don't miss any of the beauty. 

It is this burst of bulbs that has always been a visual representation for me of the resurrection.  Seemingly from winter's death, there is this renewal of life.  My maternal grandmother passed away many years ago in February and felt so cheated that she missed spring.  Once I was an adult and a gardener, I really appreciated her grief.

Spring in the garden, it's something not to be missed.  To the Lord I quote one of author Anne Lamott's favorite prayers, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment